Update: Click here to see our review of the Masterbuilt Portable Charcoal Grill.
Masterbuilt has released a new portable grill on wheels that will naturally compete with the popular Weber Traveler portable gas grill. They must have not wanted to waste time getting it to market, so they decided to name it the Masterbuilt Portable Charcoal Grill and the version on wheels has an equally clever name of the Masterbuilt Portable Charcoal Grill with Cart.
The whole grilling sector is moving towards digital control, something that was traditionally dominated by pellet grills, with a notable exceptions like the Spark Grill or the Char-Griller 980. Masterbuilt has been innovating with digitally controlled charcoal grills with the release of their Gravity Series grills and smokers. They brought that innovation over to this portable bbq grill with it’s digital temperature control and charcoal hopper design.
We set out to reinvent charcoal cooking and solve some of the pain points with traditional charcoal products. First with our line-up of Gravity Series® Digital Charcoal Grill + Smokers and now with the new Portable Charcoal Grill. We’ve made it easy to master for all skill levels. With the Portable Charcoal Grill, anyone can effortlessly adjust and maintain consistent temperatures and serve up the unparalleled flavor of charcoal cooking on the go.Stephen Gazdick, Vice President of Product
The key features of the Masterbuilt Portable Charcoal Grill are:
- Retail price of $219.99 and and $329.99 for the model with a cart
- 200 square inches of cooking space
- Temperature range of 250 degrees to 550 degrees
- The hopper holds 1.5 lbs of charcoal briquettes or 1 lb of small lump charcoal which equates to 4 hours of use at 250 degrees
- Can be powered with the included cord or with four AA batteries for 15 hours
- Built-in temperature gauge