When you think of smart grills you often think of pellet grills, gas grills or even innovative grills like the Spark Grill that uses proprietary charcoal. Char-Griller is changing that with the release of the Char-Griller 980, a gravity fed charcoal grill.
Gravity fed charcoal grills are a relatively new and innovative fuel delivery method to smoking and grilling. The way they work is a hopper is loaded with either charcoal briquettes or lump charcoal, then a fire is lit in the bottom of the hopper. From there, a fan and controller are used to control temperature on the grill. Below is a schematic from Char-Griller.
The innovative Char-Griller 980 comes with quite a few features to make your next grill or smoking session easy and successful.
- Heavy Duty Steel Construction
- 980 square inches of cooking area
- Temperature range of 225 degrees F to 700 degrees F
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Digital LCD Controller with Bluetooth and Wifi
- Insulated lid and grill body
- Back Slide Damper
- Included meat probe
- Fixed side shelf & folding front shelf
- Hopper capacity of 16 lbs of charcoal briquettes or 10 lbs of lump charcoal
- Easy Dump™ ash pan for fast clean up
The Char-Griller 980 comes with a 1 year warranty and is available exclusively at Lowe’s.