Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product through an affiliate link, we may receive a commission at no cost to you.
Today Traeger grills had their much anticipated Traeger Summit 2022 live event that they announced last week when they gave their quarterly earnings. At it they launched a new Timberline pellet grill and Timberline XL pellet grill (click the links to go to the order page), a refresh of the current Traeger Timberline 1300, which is the premium grill of their line-up. Calling it a grill though, is a little bit of a misnomer because it isn’t just an iterative improvement from the previous model. The new Traeger Timberline can replace a kitchen with all of its new features. There’s also a new Timberline pizza oven accessory that will be available later this year, which helps Traeger keep up with other companies offerings, like Solo Stove and Blackstone.
The new Traeger Timberline grill is available for pre-order now on their website and will be available in a few weeks. So, I’ll get right to all the features
- Comes in two models
- Fully insulated dual-wall construction for year-round use in the cold
- A Traeger Induction® cooktop, that’s right, it has an induction cooktop next to the grill surface
- EZ-Clean™ Grease & Ash Keg that collects drippings and pellet ash in one large container for easy cleaning – no more shop vac
- P.A.L. Pop-And-Lock® Accessory Rail that allows you to add of various accessories for more useability
- Traeger Downdraft Exhaust® + Super Smoke® Mode that adds more smoke flavor than previous models
- Touchscreen display on the controller
- Adaptable for built-in use for your outdoor kitchen
- Gets to temp faster than previous models
- Built-in light for night cooks that resides outside of the grill to protect it from grease and smoke
- Traeger pizza oven accessory that will be available for purchase later this year
- 10-year warranty
Traeger’s philosophy on innovation is to create new features for their premium model and then cascade the features down in future years. We hope some of these great features make their way to the Ironwood and Pro models.
If the new Traeger Timberline or Timberline XL grills don’t do it for you, check out what Recteq just released. They also released a new pellet grill with built-in capability. The Recteq RT-1070 has tons of stainless steel, can get to 700+ degrees Fahrenheit, and is $2,000 cheaper.