Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product through an affiliate link, we may receive a commission at no cost to you.
It was an exciting day in the world of outdoor cooking where the biggest story was supposed to be Traeger releasing a new, top of the line Timberline grill. Recteq is here to say though, not so fast.
Well, today they finally released the recteq RT-1070 Built-In Wood Pellet Grill, with this tweet, containing a short video of the grill.
The recteq RT-1070 Built-In Wood Pellet Grill has the following features:
- A built-in option (check price) that retails for $1,399
- A version with a cabinet (check price) that retails for $1,698, but it’s on sale for $1,599 at the time of writing
- An impressive temperature range from 180°F-700°F+, so you can truly grill and get a good sear
- 1,070 square inches of cook area
- Two included meat probes
- Integrated removable sliding second grate
- A slick front pellet hopper design with an integrated prep/serving platform on top of the hopper
- Slidable grease catch
- 30hr. of non-stop cooking with a full hopper, so you’ll never run out of pellets during a brisket cook
- Utilizes PID technology for precise temperature control
- Class defining stainless steel being used for everything from the cooking chamber to the redesigned front-folding shelf and hopper
It’s a great time to be in the market for a new grill. Besides the new recteq, the 2022 grilling season features new grills from Weber, Traeger, Nexgrill, Char-Broil and even a cool, retro 70th anniversary kettle grill collection from Weber. There’s also a new dual fuel (pellet and gas) grill from Camp Chef that we’re awaiting the release of.