Nexgrill announced today that they are entering the pellet grill market with their new Oakford pellet grill line (full review here). Competing with other feature rich offerings in the market, such as grills from Traeger and Recteq, the Oakford line will offer:
- NEX-fi™ technology enables user to connect the Nexgrill app to Oakford through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity to control the grill from a smartphone.
- The new SureTemp™ Digital Controller monitors and maintains the firebox temperature within 10 degrees Fahrenheit for precision cooking.
- The I-Site™ pellet fuel indicator easily tracks fuel levels with a glance.
- 6-in-1 cooking methods allow users to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise or warm, and have maximum cooking times ranging from 48 to 55 hours for true slow cooking.
- Made from hammer tone steel with a black powder-coated high-gloss finish, along with porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grids (model 790 and 1000).
There are three Oakford models, each number corresponding with their total cooking area in square inches, the Oakford 580, Oakford 790, and the Oakford 1000 Pellet Grill. The Oakford line is being sold exclusively through Home Depot and prices range from $449 to $649 depending on the model. Additional pictures and information can be found on Nexgrill’s website.
In addition to a new pellet grill line, Nexgrill also is releasing a smart gas grill platform.