We’re seeing more and more hybrid grills coming to market. Last year Camp Chef did this with the Apex (gas and pellet hybrid) and Pitts & Spitts did a beautiful job with their Hybrid (offset and pellet hybrid). Now Nexgrill is going to throw their chips on the table with the Oakford 1150 Pro Offset Smoker and Gas Grill.
They make sense, because each grill or smoker has it’s shortcomings. A hybrid solves this by pairing two different types of grills together into one. In the case of the Oakford 1150 Pro you can go low and slow on the offset, or sear and grill and on the gas side.
Nexgrill teased the new grill on Instagram as “coming soon” without much info, but we have a sneak-peek at what we think the details are.
Features and Specs
- Retail price of $799 (check price) – exclusively at Home Depot
- 1,150 square-inches of cooking area
- 3 stainless steel burners with 30,000 BTUs of cooking power
- Electric ignitor for easy starting on the gas side
- Adjustable chimney and intake dampers so you can control the heat and smoke
- The fire box has a warming shelf and can run off charcoal or wood
- Temp gauges on both grills
- It’s a heavy grill at 271 lbs
- Assembled dimensions of 75″W x 50″H x 27″ D
It’s a really cool looking product from Nexgrill. In the Instagram teaser, you can even see a griddle top option for the gas side to add to the versatility.
New Nexgrill Products
Nexgrill is releasing some exciting products overall. We reviewed an Oakford pellet grill, which was released last year, and were impressed with what it offers. For it’s low price, it has an insulated and gasketed lid, phone connectivity, and other features only found on more expensive grills. They’ve found the perfect intersection of features and affordability, for some high value grills.